Mutineer Magazine is one of my must read wine publications. It is controversial, unlike any fine beverage publication you've ever read, and just the way a millennial like me likes to get my wine news. Founded by Sommelier, Alan Kropf, Mutineer is as informative as it is approachable. Alan compiled this top ten list that I am in full agreement on. It is pretty exciting to see Southern Oregon receive such high accolades- e.i.- "most versatile wine region on the planet!"
10. Sustainability, like much of Oregon, is a priority throughout the region.
9. The wine industry is relatively young and undiscovered in the mainstream.
8. There is a strong culture of collaboration between Southern Oregon and other Oregon wine regions, paving the way for continued improvement.
7. Many of the pioneers who got the region started are still active in wineries. 6. The white wines of Southern Oregon achieve a distinction that is one of the best kept secrets in wine.
5. While the region is hot, the nights are very cool, creating a must-have acidity.
4. Southern Oregon produces my favorite Viognier wines outside of France.
3. Southern Oregon may quite possibly be the most versatile wine region on the planet.
2. Southern Oregon Wines are some of the best values in wine right now.